Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello everyone! Sorry that I haven't written in a week but I'm so busy that it's hard to find time. I'll try to summarize what I've been up to as best as I can. I don't remember a lot about Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday night I went with Stef, Colin, and Abby to this Political Mentors club where you help DC high school students with a political program and skills like debate, speechwriting, etc. We got free pizza there and the guy who started Students for Obama spoke, which was really cool. He was a really interesting guy who started when he was a GW freshman running this program and he eventually got to talk to Obama's advisors and was a huge part of his campaign. Then I went to a meeting of College Democrats and we had Freshman elections for representatives which is a big deal in the club. Thursday I went out to eat with some friends at a place called Froggy Bottom Pub which reminded me of Bill Bateman's in Severna Park, it's just like cheap burgers and sandwiches. Then I rushed home (I literally power walked) to watch the premiere of The Office and Survivor. I love television, what can I say. And I don't watch a lot in college so I feel like I can watch those shows. On Friday my only class was cancelled so I did homework in the morning. Then around 3 Colleen came to visit me, and I showed her all around campus and my dorm. We went out to eat dinner at Cosi (a sandwich shop near campus) then went to the 930 club to see Ingrid Michaelson perform. She's this folk-pop singer who is extremely talented and was so so good live. The show started at 6 and ended at 9 (she had an opening guitar player guy who was good) so after it was over I went with Colleen back to Catholic U where she goes and she showed me around her dorm and campus and I got to meet a lot of her friends there. Then I took a cab ride home, but it was $17 so I probably should have taken the chance of getting mugged on the metro to save money. But it was fun, and I haven't been in a car in almost a month which was weird to think about. On Saturday Madilyn came to visit and I did the campus tour and dorm tour with her and then we got Potbelly's Sandwiches for lunch (I eat a lot of sandwiches I know) and walked around DC and explored. Then I rode back with her to New Carrolton so we could hang out and talk on the metro ride and then I rode back right when we got there. That night I went out with Colin and Abby to explore Dupont Circle and that was fun. Sunday I didn't do much except work on a journalism paper that was due today and studied for my first quiz for Science. Today I turned in my paper, took my quiz which I think was pretty easy so hopefully I did well. Then I went to go study with Colin at University Yard (our little quad aka one block of grass) but it turned into people watching so I had to go back to the dorm to actually get work done. Then I went with Colin and my friend Krista to see David Plouffe speak in the School of Media and Public Affairs building. He was Obama's campaign advisor and was a really really interesting speaker. Then I came back around 9, talked on the phone with Anna until 11 and then just finished my homework for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment