Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hey everyone, I know I haven't written in over a month, sorry about that. When finals came up I was super busy, and now that I'm at home I haven't had much to write about. With the new semester starting this Monday (!) I'll try to keep up with writing regularly. I'll add that to my resolutions for 2010, along with going to the gym more often... or really at all, considering the last time I went was my second day of college back in August. That's just not healthy.

So, on the school front: I did really well my first semester. I got 4 A's (my school doesn't do A+'s) and an A- (in my UW20 writing class) so my GPA is currently a 3.92. Sweeeet. I got some of my textbooks today for next semester because I rented them from a website instead of buying them from the bookstore which saved around $100, woohoo. My classes for next semester are:
Honors Scientific Reasoning & Discovery
Honors UW20
Intro to Political Communication
Intro to News Writing & Reporting
Social Psychology

I'm most excited for my Political Communication and Psychology classes because I'm really excited to start learning more about my major and I love Psych stuff, but I'm sort of nervous for my News Writing class because I'm afraid I'll be surrounded by kids who all write for the school newspaper and are really good journalists when I don't have much experience with it. I've already taken a semester of the science and writing classes so there's not much change there, although I do have a different Professor for my UW20 class. Right now I'm trying to figure out my schedule for the next 4 years which sounds really excessive but I'm deciding how/if I can fit in grad school classes if I do a dual degree program and whether I can double major or minor in something. I think study abroad is out of the picture now-plus I can't really see myself somewhere so far away for a full semester. And I'd only want to go somewhere English speaking so I don't think I would get the full benefit of cultural immersion. When I'm older I'll just travel where ever I want to for like 2 weeks and then I won't have to worry about tests and studying while I'm there! Also, I'm looking for a work study job this semester, so that should be an interesting search. I need to get my resume together so I can find something.

So during break I really haven't been doing much of anything, but I'm enjoying it! Christmas was great, I got lots of wonderful presents and I hung out with lots of relatives. Now I've been catching up with my friends and even hanging out with high school friends that I hadn't seen since graduation. Two days ago Anna (my best friend from North Carolina) came up to visit with her sister Emma and I hadn't seen the two of them since our trip to Bethany this summer so I was really really happy that I got to see them. Today I went out to lunch with my friends Elise and Erin and tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with my friend Spencer, who's going to GW next year! I'm so excited that I'm going to have an SP friend at my school. I don't really have anymore plans for break other than seeing my close friends and hanging out with Emily, who's moving back to NY on Saturday. Almost everyone is going back this weekend like me, and I'm definitely ready to go back. A month at home is a nice vacation but I'm ready to go back to my GW home with my friends there, although I don't know if I really want to get back to all of the schoolwork.


Songs I'm Listening To (linked at bottom of page):
Colbie Caillat - Droplets

YouTube video (I put it in the link under "A Whole New World Cover":
This is fantastic. Just keep watching, once you get a little bit past the 1 minute mark you are going to laugh so hard, or stare at the screen in disbelief, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. GW gives A minuses, but not A plusses? What's up with that?!?

    Good luck with your work study job search!

    ReplyDelete