Saturday, August 15, 2009

This morning I went out to breakfast at Einstein's Bagels with my friend Maddie and her roommate for the upcoming year at UMD who was visiting her. Then in the afternoon my best friend Madilyn and I went to go see the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife." Ok, so I've never read the book but I heard it was great. Well, the movie was pretty mediocre. Until half-way through it was extremely boring/unbelieveable, but the second half was considerably better. If you're thinking of seeing it, rent it on DVD and save some money. Although I still want to read the book! Then I came home and hung out with Ellie and Trish who are visiting; we went to the pool cookout which was fun and delicious. Tonight I hung out at my friend Colleen's house with her and my other friend Jarrett, and we got snowballs (yes I ate so much bad food today oops). It was the last time I get to see Jarrett until Thanksgiving (he's going to college in VA) so that was sad but I know we'll text/call each other a lot.

So talking about the movie I saw today made me think about other movies I saw this summer, and my favorite by far is "500 Days of Summer." GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! It's FANTASTIC. It's an absolutely amazing movie, probably in my top 5 all-time favorites. The soundtrack is awesome too. I've been listening to The Smith's "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" which is in the movie which is a great song from the 80's that I had never heard of but now I really like!

So yes, tomorrow I need to read this book they assigned us for school. It's by Thomas L. Friedman and it's called "Flat, Hot, and Crowded" and it's about climate change. He's a NY Times Columnist who's won the Pulitzer Prize and he's a great author, I've read 2 other books by him. Those were about globalization and the impact that our country has on others, they're really fascinating. So yeah I know I won't finish tomorrow since it's like a 400 page book but I need to read more than I have been (I'm on like page 40).

So that's pretty much it. Also I've been listening to this new song where a lot of Disney Channel stars sing on it called "Send It On." I bought it off of itunes but the proceeds go to charity so I don't feel bad about spending money on it (and it's only 99 cents). It's a really catchy song, it has Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato (Emily's obsessed with her), and the Jonas Brothers on it and I like all of them so it's a great combination! I'm putting the link to the video in my favorite links at the bottom of my blog, check them out if you want to see what music I like!

1 comment:

  1. The Smiths are awesome! Mommy made a Smiths compilation CD for your dad once. Or maybe it was a cassette tape... that's how long ago it was.

    ReplyDelete